Christine "Cristi" M. Salinas, Psy.D.
FL State License # PY8636
Dr. Cristi Salinas is a bilingual Spanish/English neuropsychologist. She is a national expert who has evaluated and treated thousands of children and adults with brain, medical, neurodevelopmental, learning, and mental health conditions.
Dr. Cristi understands that each person has his or her unique strengths as well as challenges. It is stressful when you and/or your family member experiences struggle. She is a caring doctor who will actively listen to your concerns. She will develop a strategic and individualized plan for you and your family, including comprehensive resources and tools to improve your quality of life. Dr. Cristi is committed to providing excellent care, hope, and an awesome patient experience. She is an accomplished scientist, author, and speaker with expertise in the latest innovations and cutting-edge science in her field. Her highly personalized and collaborative approach to treating the whole person creates a positive transformation in the lives of her patients. She addresses and treats you by getting to the root cause of symptoms. She believes that your family, cultural, linguistic, social, academic, and personal background are major influences in your development and are important targets for intervention. She enjoys making a real impact by communicating treatment strategies to parents, teachers, physicians, and others involved in your care so you can feel, learn, work, and live your best.
The Real Bio
Dr. Cristi is a lifelong learner and a foodie with a bit of wanderlust that has inspired travel to over 30 countries. She is a mama, wife, daughter, and athlete that played NCAA Division I basketball who is trying to keep up with her 4-year old son’s newest karate kicks and ‘futbol’ tricks.
- Neuropsychological assessment throughout the lifespan
- Bilingual/Bicultural Assessment
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disability)
- Assessment for Gifted, Private School Admissions, SAT, or College Accommodations Epilepsy
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Concussion
- Cancer, Brain Tumor, and late effects of chemotherapy
- Genetic disorders (Neurofibromatosis, 22q.11.2, Fragile X, Tuberous Sclerosis, etc.)
- Prematurity and Birth-Related Complications
- Exposure to Toxins and Substances
- Founder, Niños Health, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing innovative, culturally responsive care for children and families who are struggling with conditions that affect development.
- Member, Conference Program Committee, Colombian Society of Neuropsychology 2019
- Research and Editing Consultant (RECP), International Neuropsychological Society, 2015-Present
- Treasurer/Executive Board of Directors, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, 2019-2020
- Chair, Peer Consultation Network, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology Relevance 2050 Initiative, 2017-Present
- Member, Test Database Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, 2010-2012
- Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology Diversity Task Force 2010
- Member at Large, Executive Board of Directors, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2012-2014
- Chair, Mentoring & Education Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2013-2016
- Member, Conference Planning Task Force, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2014-2015
- Advisory Panel, WISC-V Spanish, Psychological Corporation 2015
- Member, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology Diversity Committee 2014-2015
- Member, Conference Presentations Sub-Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2017
- Member, Poster Session Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2018-2019
- Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology Diversity Committee, 2007-2009
- Co-Chair/Executive Board of Directors, Counselors for Change, a 501c3 nonprofit organization which seeks to increase mental health awareness, education, outreach and advocacy to empower individuals and families.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Florida Institute of Technology, Academic
- 4 under 40 LEAD Brevard Top 12 Finalist, 2018
- Mentorship in Cultural Neuropsychology Award, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, 2019
- Harvard Medical School,2015-2016
- Boston Children’s Hospital, 2015-2016
- Florida Hospital for Children/Florida Hospital Orlando now Advent Health,2012-2015
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, University of Central Florida Medical School,2013-Present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor at Florida Institute of Technology,2013-Present
- Holmes Regional Medical Center,2016-Present
- BA in Psychology at Canisius College
- MS in Clinical Psychology at Florida Institute of Technology
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) with a concentration in neuropsychology at Florida Institute of Technology
- 2000 hours of pre-doctoral clinical practicum training at diverse placements such as the Arnold Palmer Hospital Developmental Center for Infants & Children and Pediatric Genetics Clinics; Florida Hospital for Children Neuropsychology Department; Florida Tech Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) clinic; Family Learning Program (FLP), Florida Tech College Counseling Center, College Internship Program for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (CIP), Holmes Regional Inpatient Neurology Unit and Circles of Care
- 4-month visiting clinical/research training in neuropsychology at the Centro de Investigaciones Médico-Sanitarias (CIMES) of the University of Malaga in Spain
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) Visiting Fellowship at Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging/MIT
- 2000-hour, one-year predoctoral internship in Neuropsychology at Emory University School of Medicine
- Specialized neuropsychology training at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) which is consistently ranked among the “best children’s hospitals in the U.S.” with placements at the Level 4 Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy/neurosurgery program, Aflac Cancer Center, inpatient/ outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient psychiatry, and multidisciplinary spina bifida, 22q11.2, and sports concussion clinics
- Comprehensive training at Emory University Hospital Level 4 adult epilepsy/neurosurgery program, outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient stroke/TBI rehabilitation, and outpatient neuropsychology
- Comprehensive training at Emory University Wesley Woods Hospital and Grady Memorial Hospital in the assessment of dementia and movement disorders
- 4000-hour, two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology (pediatric focus) at Florida Hospital for Children (now Advent Health for Children)
- Comprehensive training in the Level 4 Pediatric and Adult Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, multidisciplinary neurofibromatosis and neuro-oncology clinics, sports concussion program, inpatient consultation liaison service, and outpatient neuropsychology with diverse community and hospital-based referrals
- Dr. Cristi is an active brain researcher and author of 25 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters focusing on topics related to sports-related concussion/traumatic brain injury, epilepsy, ADHD, and cultural neuropsychology. She is often invited to serve as a peer reviewer for science journals in her field.
- Dr. Cristi is a national/international speaker with over 35 invited presentations at conferences and universities around the U.S., Latin America and Spain. She often provides presentations and workshops to schools, community agencies, professionals, and parents on a variety of topics ranging from assessment and treatment of specific disorders, business, leadership, mentoring, neuropsychologists’ role in litigation, and mental health.