Dr. Cristi Salinas
Dr. Cristi Salinas is a bilingual Spanish/English neuropsychologist who has improved the lives of over 6,000 children and adults from over 24 countries around the world. Major milestones in Dr. Cristi’s career include working with cutting-edge, diagnostic technologies and treatment at Boston Children’s Hospital (ranked as the #1 children’s hospital in the U.S.), and contributing to the development of best practices at Harvard Medical School, Emory Medical School, and Advent Health (Florida Hospital). She is Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at UCF Medical School and Adjunct Assistant Professor in Psychology at Florida Institute of Technology. Dr. Cristi has first or co-authorship on 28 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, as well as 35 invited national and international presentations focusing on topics that range from ADHD, executive functioning, epilepsy, sports concussion, autism spectrum disorder, and mood/behavioral problems in children.
Dr. Cristi is the Founder of Neuropsychology Concierge® where she is among the country’s first neuropsychologists to provide innovative practice models such as on-demand, at-home, and teleneuropsychology (TeleNP) since 2016. She is committed to providing the public with access to specialized prevention, detection, and intervention services. She is known for her empathic listening and thoughtful questioning as well as her ability to apply advanced techniques for optimal brain and behavioral health, parenting, and diagnostics. She sees patients locally in the Space Coast and Winter Park area of Florida plus she conducts teleneuropsychology throughout the state of Florida and in Massachusetts. Dr. Cristi applies the latest in diagnostic testing and science with a holistic approach to bring the public the most innovative care in brain health and mental wellness. She collaborates with each client to develop actionable, individualized treatment plans.
Dr. Cristi is deeply committed to providing access to neuropsychological diagnostics and treatment all children regardless of language, culture, ethnicity, socioeconomics, or insurance status. She is the Founder of Niños Health®, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing innovative, culturally responsive care, research, and education for Latinx and other underserved children who are struggling with conditions that affect development. Ninos has provided over $230,000 in direct clinical and community outreach services to the Central Florida region since 2018.
Dr. Salinas was selected as the 2019 Recipient of the Mentoring in Cultural Neuropsychology Award by the Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (HNS) and she currently serves on their Executive Board as Treasurer.
Dr. Cristi is the Founder of the Brain Tech Project, a global and inclusive virtual accelerator for individuals from diverse disciplines to collaborate to advance brain healthcare innovation. She is the main organizer of the Virtual Summit with 1000 attendees from over 28 countries plus she hosts a podcast.
- Neuropsychological assessment throughout the lifespan
- Bilingual/Bicultural Assessment
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Expert/Forensic Medical-Legal Evaluations
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disability)
- Assessment for Gifted, Private School Admissions, SAT, or College Accommodations
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Concussion
- Cancer, Brain Tumor, and late effects of chemotherapy
- Genetic disorders (Neurofibromatosis, 22q.11.2, Fragile X, Tuberous Sclerosis, etc.)
- Prematurity and Birth-Related Complications
- Exposure to Toxins and Substances
Founder, Niños Health, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing innovative, culturally responsive care for children and families who are struggling with conditions that affect development.
- Member, Conference Program Committee, Colombian Society of Neuropsychology 2019
- Research and Editing Consultant (RECP), International Neuropsychological Society, 2015-Present
- Treasurer/Executive Board of Directors, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, 2019-2020
- Chair, Peer Consultation Network, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology Relevance 2050 Initiative, 2017-Present
- Member, Test Database Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, 2010-2012
- Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology Diversity Task Force 2010
- Member at Large, Executive Board of Directors, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2012-2014
- Chair, Mentoring & Education Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2013-2016
- Member, Conference Planning Task Force, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2014-2015
- Advisory Panel, WISC-V Spanish, Psychological Corporation 2015
- Member, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology Diversity Committee 2014-2015
- Member, Conference Presentations Sub-Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2017
- Member, Poster Session Committee, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society 2018-2019
- Member, Abstract Selection Committee, Sports Neuropsychological Society
- Founding Member, Sports Neuropsychological Society
- Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology Diversity Committee, 2007-2009
- Co-Coordinator Undergraduate Diversity Mentoring Program, National Academy of Neuropsychology, 2008
Co-Chair/Executive Board of Directors, Counselors for Change, a 501c3 nonprofit organization which seeks to increase mental health awareness, education, outreach and advocacy to empower individuals and families.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Florida Institute of Technology, Academic
- 4 under 40 LEAD Brevard Top 12 Finalist, 2018
- Mentorship in Cultural Neuropsychology Award, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, 2019
- Instructor, Harvard Medical School, 2015-2016
- Neuropsychologist, Boston Children’s Hospital, the #1 Children’s Hospital in the US, 2015-2016
- Florida Hospital for Children/Orlando now Advent Health, 2012-2015
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, 2013-Present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor at Florida Institute of Technology, 2013-Present
- Holmes Regional Medical Center, 2016-Present
- BA in Psychology at Canisius College
- MS in Clinical Psychology at Florida Institute of Technology
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) with a concentration in neuropsychology at Florida Institute of Technology
- 2000 hours of pre-doctoral clinical practicum training at diverse placements such as the Arnold Palmer Hospital Developmental Center for Infants & Children and Pediatric Genetics Clinics; Florida Hospital Neuropsychology Department; Florida Tech Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) clinic; Family Learning Program (FLP), Florida Tech College Counseling Center, College Internship Program for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (CIP); Eastern Central Florida Memory Disorders Clinic; Holmes Regional Inpatient Neurology Unit and Circles of Care
- 4-month visiting clinical/research training in geriatric neuropsychology at the University of Malaga in Spain
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) Visiting Fellowship at Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging/MIT
- 2000-hour, one-year predoctoral internship in Neuropsychology at Emory University School of Medicine
- Specialized neuropsychology training at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) which is consistently ranked among the “best children’s hospitals in the U.S.” with placements at the Level 4 Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy/neurosurgery program, Aflac Cancer Center, inpatient/ outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient psychiatry, and multidisciplinary spina bifida, 22q11.2, and sports concussion clinics
- Comprehensive training at Emory University Hospital Level 4 Adult epilepsy/neurosurgery program, outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient stroke/TBI rehabilitation, and outpatient neuropsychology
- Comprehensive training at Emory University Wesley Woods Hospital and Grady Memorial Hospital in the assessment of dementia and movement disorders
- 4000-hour, two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology at Florida Hospital (now Advent Health)
- Comprehensive training in the Level 4 Pediatric and Adult Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, multidisciplinary neurofibromatosis and neuro-oncology clinics, sports concussion program, inpatient consultation liaison service, and outpatient neuropsychology with diverse community and hospital-based referrals
- Dr. Cristi is an active brain scientist and author of 25 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters focusing on topics related to sports-related concussion/traumatic brain injury, epilepsy, ADHD, and cultural neuropsychology. She serves as a peer reviewer for multiple science journals in her field.
- Read some of Dr. Cristi’s publications on PubMed and Google Scholar.
- Dr. Cristi is a national/international speaker with over 35 invited presentations at conferences and universities around the U.S., Latin America and Spain. She often provides presentations and workshops to schools, community agencies, professionals, and parents on a variety of topics ranging from assessment and treatment of specific disorders, business, leadership, mentoring, neuropsychologists’ role in litigation, and mental health.