Krista Greenfield, Psy.D.
State License # SS1434
Dr. Krista Greenfield is a licensed school psychologist in the state of Florida. She specializes in working with children, young adults, and their parents. Dr. Krista’s clinical work has focused on assessment throughout the lifespan. Her assessments utilize evidence-based practices to evaluate cognitive, behavioral, and emotional challenges that affect personal, academic, and social functioning. As a clinician and mother, Dr. Krista is passionate about employing a “whole child” approach to understanding each patient. She believes that it is important to identify both strengths and weaknesses in a child’s profile to make effective and individualized treatment recommendations. Dr. Krista prides herself in providing parents, teachers, and treatment team members with clear and digestible assessment results that readily translate to tractable interventions that support both short term and long term academic goals.
The Real Bio
Dr. Krista is excited to be back in her home state of Florida. As the wife of a devoted SpaceX team member, Dr. Krista and her family love the space coast culture, and never miss a launch! In her free time, Dr. Krista enjoys exploring the local parks, playgrounds, and toddler-friendly attractions of Brevard with her 2 year old son (Rowan) and French Bulldog (Luna).
- Neuropsychogical assessment throughout the lifespan
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, speech & language disorders, and learning disorders)
- Assessment for placement in gifted or enriched educational programs
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE) as a part of a student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Anxiety/tic/OCD disorders
- Mood disorders
- Genetic syndromes
- Medical issues that affect an individual’s functioning (e.g., traumatic brain injury, cancer, perinatal complications, and others)
- Treatment specialties include: behavioral management, social skills training, cognitive training, individual and group therapy.
- BA in Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania.
- MA in Clinical Psychology at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- PsyD at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, with an emphasis in neuropsychology and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Her clinical training rotations included multiple hospital-based placements, including Kaiser Permanente’s Pediatrics
- Department and the University of California, Irvine (UCI) Medical School’s Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
- Pre-doctoral internship at Pasadena Rehabilitation Institute
- Two-year postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric neuropsychology at Insight Collective in Pasadena, California
- Dr. Krista has presented at local and international conferences on topics such as the lasting neurocognitive effects of oncology treatment, Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms in the pediatric oncology patients, the effects of visuospatial processing deficits on learning and executive functioning, and cognitive markers for college readiness.
- Her current research projects focus on the sequelae of specific genetic microdeletions, as well as reading comprehension challenges in children with nonverbal deficits.
- Dr. Krista has also published work on the psychosocial impact of traumatic brain injury.